Sport Studies HND
Course Location: Whittingham Road Campus
Duration of the course
- Full-time over 2 years
- Part-time over 3 years
- Full-time UK and EU student £5,700 (£5,700 in year 2)
- Part-time UK and EU student £4,275 (£3,563 in years 2 & 3)
Please note that we are currently unable to accept international students.
UCAS Course Code: C6Y7
How to apply
About this course
The overall aim of the Sport Studies course is to provide a variety of experiences you with aspects of the sports industry.
The course includes academic, practical and vocational elements and seeks to prepare you for a wide range of graduate careers.
Whilst a core of key skills and subject knowledge is embedded in the course, the opportunity has also been created to allow you to develop specific sport specialisms, which can be applied to sport in areas such as coaching and teaching.
The course will develop your knowledge of sports concepts, models and practices relevant to a range of theoretical and real situations.
What will I learn?
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Research Project
- Nutrition for Sport and Exercise
- Training and Fitness for Sport and Exercise
- Physical Activity, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Health Promotion
145 Credits (options will be dependent on staff specialisms)
- Injury Prevention and Treatment in Sport and Exercise
- Sport and Exercise Massage
- Applied Sports Coaching
- Functional Exercise Physiology
- Research Methods for Sport and Exercise Work Experience
- Field Based Fitness Testing
- Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Analysis of Sports Performance
- Sport and Society
What do I need?
48 UCAS points
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Sport or a similar discipline
- 2 or more A Levels
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate
This profile should be supported by GCSE grades A* to C in English Language and Maths.
Mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include extensive work experience and/or achievement of a range of professional qualifications in their work sector.
Where can it take me?
Employment routes after completion of qualification
This specialist study is relevant if you are aiming to progress in your existing career or are seeking employment in a Sport related role.
Top up routes after completion of the qualification
If you wish to continue your studies you can use this qualification to progress on to a full honours degree at many universities, in Sport based subject areas.