Travel & Tourism BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
About this course
Travel and Tourism is the fastest growing industry in the world. This course provides a highly specialist work-related qualification in Travel & Tourism, which will offer the knowledge, understanding and skills sought after in many sectors of the Travel and Tourism industry. The Travel and Tourism sector continues to develop at a rapid pace, with the return of the package holiday and huge demand for cruise vacations. This has boosted the demand for a more flexibly-skilled workforce.
What will I learn?
- Investigating the Travel & Tourism Industry
- Customer Service
- Retail Travel Operations
- Business of Travel & Tourism
- Preparing for Employment
- Entertainment for Holidaymakers
- UK as a Destination
- Residential Study Visit
- Specialist Tourism
- Hospitality Operations in Travel & Tourism
- Working as a Children-s Representative in Travel & Tourism
- Tour Operations
- Events Conferences and Exhibitions
- Business Travel Operations
- European Destinations
- Responsible Tourism
- Marketing Travel & Tourism Products and Services
- Working as a Holiday Representative.
- Additional qualifications on the Corporate Package include the English Speaking Board in Overseas Resort Representatives
How will I be assessed?
- Coursework, presentations and role-plays with examinations in the additional qualifications
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- College - a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- University - a degree in a related subject including Travel & Tourism and Hospitality
- Careers - employment as a travel agent, holiday representative, and passenger services agent, cabin crew, hotel receptionist and events co-ordinator
As part of the course you will participate in a range of curriculum based visits and there will be some cost for these activities. You will also need a black suit with white shirt and a College scarf (females) or tie (male).
This course should be combined with A Levels.