Travel & Tourism BTEC Level 3
About this course
Travel and Tourism is the fastest growing industry in the world.
This course provides a highly specialist work-related qualification in Travel & Tourism, which will offer the knowledge, understanding and skills sought after in many sectors of the travel and tourism industry.
The travel and tourism sector continues to develop at a rapid pace, with the return of the package holiday and huge demand for cruise vacations. This has boosted the demand for a more flexibly skilled workforce.
What will I learn?
Depending on the package followed, you will study a variety of units including:
- The World of Travel & Tourism
- Global Destinations
- Managing the Customer Service
- Travel & Tourism Enterprises
- Work Experience in Travel & Tourism
- The Airport Experience
- The Cruise Industry
Additional qualifications on the Corporate Package include the English Speaking Board in Overseas Resort Representatives.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be by coursework, presentations and roleplays with examinations in the additional qualifications.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - choose from a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- University Progression - degree in a related subject including Travel & Tourism and Hospitality
- Careers - employment as a travel agent, holiday representative, passenger services agent, cabin crew, hotel receptionist and events co-ordinator
As part of the course you will participate in a range of curriculum based visits and there will be some cost for these activities.
You will also need a black suit with white shirt and a College scarf (females) or tie (male).