Travel & Tourism Take Off to Success BTEC Level 2
About this course
This course offers a fantastic introduction to a wide range of areas across the travel & tourism industry. You will develop the skills and techniques required to work in the Travel & Tourism industry.
What will I learn?
- The UK Travel and Tourism Sector
- Delivering the Travel & Tourism Customer Service Experience
- UK Travel & Tourism Destinations
- The Development of Travel & Tourism in the UK
- International Travel & Tourism Destinations
- Factors Affecting Worldwide Travel & Tourism
- Travel & Tourism Business Environments
- Airports and Airlines
- Work-Related Experience in Travel & Tourism or Travel and Tourism Employment Opportunities
- Promotion and Sales in Travel & Tourism or Marketing in Travel & Tourism
- Organising a Travel and Tourism Study Visit
- Holiday Representatives
- UK Travel Agency Operations
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be by coursework, presentations and roleplays. In two units an external assessment examination will be undertaken.
What do I need?
- 3 GCSEs with 1 subject at grade D and English and Maths at grade 2 (grade E)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Level 3 vocational courses, including in Travel & Tourism
- Careers - employment at a junior level within the retail, hospitality or tourist attraction sectors
As part of the course you will participate in a range of curriculum-based visits and there will be some cost for these activities.
You will also need a black suit with white shirt and a College scarf (female) or tie (male).