Travel & Tourism Level 2
About this course
Fasten your seatbelts and get ready to take off!
The Travel & Tourism sector is demanding and the worldâs largest industry.
This course offers a fantastic introduction to a wide range of areas across the Travel & Tourism industry.
You will learn about exciting UK and overseas destinations, what you need to be a travel agent or holiday representative, how to organise your own visits and create pieces of professional promotional materials, plus much more.
Plus, you will develop the skills and techniques required to work in the Travel & Tourism industry or to progress onto the Level 3 programme.
What will I learn?
- The UK Travel and Tourism Sector
- Delivering the Travel & Tourism Customer Service Experience
- UK Travel & Tourism Destinations
- The Development of Travel & Tourism in the UK
- International Travel & Tourism Destinations
- Factors Affecting Worldwide Travel & Tourism
- Travel & Tourism Business Environments
- Airports and Airlines
- Work-Related Experience in Travel & Tourism or Travel and Tourism Employment Opportunities
- Promotion and Sales in Travel & Tourism or Marketing in Travel & Tourism
- Organising a Travel and Tourism Study Visit
- Holiday Representatives
- UK Travel Agency Operations
To further enhance your employability skills there will be opportunities for you to complete a one week work placement.
This compulsory aspect of the course gives you the chance to apply the knowledge gained in class to the real world of work.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be by coursework, presentations, creating documentation such as promotional material, questionnaires etc. and role-plays.
In two units an external assessment examination will be undertaken.
What do I need?
You will need to achieve at least 4 GCSEs at Grade D/3 or above with Grade 3 in English and Maths.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Level 3 vocational courses, including in Travel & Tourism
As part of the course you will participate in a range of curriculum-based visits and there will be some cost for these activities.
You will also need a black suit with white shirt and a College scarf or tie.