Travel & Tourism with Cabin Crew BTEC Level 3
About this course
Travel and Tourism is the fastest growing industry in the world.
This course provides a highly specialist work-related qualification in Travel & Tourism, which will offer the knowledge, understanding and skills sought by many sectors of the Travel and Tourism industry.
The Travel and Tourism sector continues to develop at a rapid pace, with the return of the package holiday and huge demand for cruise vacations. This has boosted the demand for a more flexibly skilled workforce.
What will I learn?
Depending on the package followed, you will study a variety of units including:
- The World of Travel & Tourism
- Global Destinations
- Managing the Customer Service
- Travel & Tourism Enterprises
- Work Experience in Travel & Tourism
- The Airport Experience
- The Cruise Industry
Additional qualifications may include Cabin Crew Training and English Speaking Board in Overseas Resort Representatives.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be by coursework, presentations and role-plays with examinations in some units.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- College - a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- University - degree in a related subject including Travel & Tourism and Hospitality
- Careers - employment as a travel agent, holiday representative, and passenger services agent, cabin crew, hotel receptionist and events coordinator
As part of the course you will participate in a range of curriculum based visits and there will be some cost for these activities.
You will also need a black suit with white shirt and a College scarf (females) or tie (male).