Travel & Tourism with Hospitality Level 3
About this course
‘Create unforgettable experiences.’
Travel & Tourism and Hospitality are among the fastest growing sectors worldwide and it is estimated that they will require thousands of trained people at management and supervisory levels year on year in order to fulfil their potential.
By studying for a Level 3 Diploma in Travel & Tourism, alongside a Diploma in Hospitality, you will develop essential skills and an understanding of the travel and tourism industry. Applying these skills across both areas will maximise your potential for success in either the UK or other European destinations.
What will I learn?
Travel & Tourism Units
- The World of Travel & Tourism
- Global Destinations
- Managing the Customer Service
- Travel & Tourism Enterprises
- Work Experience in Travel & Tourism
- The Airport Experience
- The Cruise Industry
- The Hospitality Industry
- Planning and Managing Events
- Human Resources
- Supervising and Providing Customer Service
- Events Organisation
- Accommodation Operations (which covers work experience in a hotel)
Additional qualifications will include: English Speaking Board in Overseas Resort Representatives and a Food Hygiene Certificate.
To further enhance your employability skills there will be opportunities for you to complete a one week work placement.
This compulsory aspect of the course gives you the chance to apply the knowledge gained in class to the real world of work.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be by coursework, presentations and role-plays with examinations in some units.
What do I need?
You will need to achieve at least 4 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above including English.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- University - related degree such as Hospitality Management and Travel & Tourism
As part of the course you will participate in a range of curriculum based visits and there will be some cost for these activities.
You will also need a black suit with white shirt and a College scarf or tie.
In addition you will be required to work in the College Training Restaurant one evening a week in term time.