Travel & Tourism with Hospitality BTEC Level 3
About this course
Travel & Tourism and Hospitality are amongst the fastest growing sectors worldwide and it is estimated that they will require thousands of trained people at management and supervisory levels year on year in order to fulfil their potential.
By studying for a Level 3 Diploma in Travel & Tourism, alongside a Subsidiary Diploma in Hospitality, you will develop essential skills and an understanding of the travel and tourism industry. Applying these skills across both areas will maximise your potential for success in either the UK or other European destinations.
What will I learn?
Travel & Tourism Units
- The World of Travel & Tourism
- Global Destinations
- Managing the Customer Service
- Travel & Tourism Enterprises
- Work Experience in Travel & Tourism
- The Airport Experience
- The Cruise Industry
- The Hospitality Industry
- Planning and Managing Events
- Human Resources
- Supervising and Providing Customer Service
- Events Organization
- Accommodation Operations (which covers work experience in a hotel)
Additional qualifications will include: English Speaking Board in Overseas Resort Representatives and a Food Hygiene Certificate.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be by coursework, presentations and role plays with examinations in the additional qualifications.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - choose from a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- University Progression - degree in a related subject including Hospitality Management and Travel & Tourism
- Careers - employment as a travel agent, holiday representative, passenger services agent, cabin crew, hotel receptionist and events co-ordinator
As part of the course you will participate in a range of curriculum based visits and there will be some cost for these activities.
In addition you will be required to work in the College Training Restaurant one evening a week in term time.
You will also need a black suit with white shirt and a College scarf (female) or tie (male).