Animal Care Technical Diploma Level 2
About this course
During this introductory Animal Care course you will undertake theory-based lessons, along with some practical work related to the correct care and husbandry of a large range of animals.
What will I learn?
During the course you will complete 6 mandatory units including:
- Practical Animal Health
- Introduction to Animal Biology and Health (exam based)
- Animal Care Work Placement
- Animal Welfare (Exam based)
- Animal Behaviour Assessment and Safe Handling
- Feeding, Accommodating and Moving Animals (synoptic assessment)
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is by assignment based coursework, two external exams and one synoptic assessment.
What do I need?
You will need to achieve at least 4 GCSEs at Grade D/3 or above with Grade 3 in English, Maths and Science.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Level 3 vocational courses, including the BTEC in Animal Management with Science and the Work Based Animal Care Diploma
In order to complete the course you must complete 75 hours of work experience within an approved animal-based work placement.
Potential visits will include the Guide Dogs for the Blind training and breeding centres.
Due to the structure of this course, including examinations, students will need to be well organised, motivated and maintain good attendance throughout.