Animal Care BTEC Level 2
About this course
During this introductory Animal Care course you will undertake theory-based lessons, along with some practical work related to the correct care and husbandry of a large range of animals.
What will I learn?
During the course you will complete 7 units including:
- Animal Biology
- Animal Health & Welfare
- Animal Behaviour & Handling
- Animal Feeding
- Animal Accommodation
- Care of Exotics
- Work Experience (Mandatory Unit)
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is by assignment-based coursework and some practical work.
What do I need?
- 3 GCSEs with 1 subject at grade D and English and Maths at grade 2 (grade E)
- Science at grade D
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - including the BTEC in Animal Management and the Work Based Animal Care Level 3 Diploma
- Careers - potential job opportunities in pet shops, kennels and catteries
In order to complete the course you must complete 75 hours of work experience within an approved animal-based work placement.
Visits will include the Guide Dogs for the Blind training and breeding centres.