Work-based Animal Care Level 3 Diploma
About this course
We provide excellent Animal Care education with specialist facilities providing housing for exotic mammals and retiles, as well as domestic small animals. The animal-based courses are well established with successful delivery over a number of years.
This course will help you gain experience and skills within the animal industry. It will also develop your knowledge and understanding of the care and welfare of a wide range of species.
What will I learn?
During the course you will study units such as:
- Health & Safety
- How to Control and Restrain Animals
- Plan, Monitor and Evaluate Feeding Regimes
- Maintaining Behavior, Health and Welfare
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be by creating a portfolio, written work, practical assessment and photographic evidence.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
- at least a pass in Level 2 Diploma in Animal Care
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Animal Management HNC/D or choose from a range of HNC/D. Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- University Progression - a degree related course
- Careers - kennel assistant, pet shop steward, animal care supervisor, animal welfare assistant
You will need to complete 225 hours of work experience within the animal industry.
There will be a range of visits to zoos, nature reserves, etc.