Work-based Animal Care Level 3
About this course
We provide excellent Animal Care education with specialist facilities providing housing for exotic mammals and reptiles, as well as domestic small animals.
The animal-based courses are well established with successful delivery over a number of years.
This course will help you gain experience and skills within the animal industry.
It will also develop your knowledge and understanding of the care and welfare of a wide range of species.
What will I learn?
During the course you will study units such as:
- Health & Safety
- How to Control and Restrain Animals
- Plan, Monitor and Evaluate Feeding Regimes
- Maintaining Behavior, Health and Welfare
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be by creating a portfolio, written work, practical assessment and photographic evidence.
What do I need?
You will need to achieve at least 4 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above including English and Science.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Animal Management HNC/D or choose from a range of HNC/D. Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- University - related degree such as Animal Care, Animal Science and Animal Behaviour & Welfare
You will need to complete 100 hours of work experience within the animal industry.
There will be a range of visits to zoos, nature reserves, etc.