Business A Level
About this course
As consumers, employees and employers we are affected by the actions of businesses. Businesses come in many different forms and sizes and may have motives other than existing solely for profit. This course will give you an all-round view of how companies function and how they interact with society.
Through the study of topics such as Planning & Financing a Business, Managing a Business, Strategies for Success,
The Business Environment and Managing Change this course will help you succeed, whether it-s as a valuable employee or as a future employer with a business of your own.
What will I learn?
- What is a Business?
- Managers, Leaders and Decision Making
- Decision Making to Improve Marketing Performance
- Decision Making to Improve Operational Performance
- Decision Making to Improve Financial Performance
- Decision Making to Improve Human Resource Performance
- Analysing the Strategic Position of a Business
- Choosing Strategic Direction
- Strategic Methods - How to Pursue Strategies
- Managing Strategic Change
Numeracy skills are tested right across the course and comprise a minimum of 10% of the overall A Level marks.
How will I be assessed?
There will be three 2 hour examination papers, to be taken at the end of the second year.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - an exciting range of higher level courses, including HNC/D Business and Business with CILEX
- University - degree/HND in a relevant subject
- Careers - employment within a range of professions
All students are offered the chance to attend revision conferences.
Business combines well with Accounts, Law, Economics, Statistics and ICT. It also combines well with Vocational courses in areas such as ICT and Media.