Business A Level
About this course
Do you want to know how the world really works?
As consumers, employees and employers we are affected by the actions of businesses.
Businesses come in many different forms and sizes and may have motives other than existing solely for profit. This course will give you an all-round view of how companies function and how they interact with society.
What will I learn?
You will study a variety of content, including
- What is a Business?
- Managers, Leaders and Decision Making
- Strategy to Improve Marketing, Operations, Finance & Human Resources
- Analysing the Strategic Position of a Business
- Choosing Strategic Direction
- Strategic Methods - How to Pursue Strategies
- Managing Strategic Change
Numeracy skills are tested right across the course and comprise a minimum of 10% of the overall A Level marks.
How will I be assessed?
This course is assessed by written exams.
What do I need?
You will need to achieve at least 5 GCSEs, with 2 at Grade B/6 and 3 at Grade C/4.
Additional Requirements: Grade 5 in Maths and English
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - an exciting range of higher level courses, including HNC/D Business
- University - related degree such as Business, Economics, Law & Management
All students are offered the chance to attend revision conferences.
Business combines well with Accounts, Law, Economics, Statistics and ICT. It also combines well with Vocational courses in areas such as ICT and Media.