Computing & ICT
Why study Computing & ICT at Halesowen College?
- Outstanding IT facilities in fantastic accommodation
- The latest hardware and software available
- A Subsidiary Diploma in IT Practitioners can be combined with A Levels
- High quality learning resources are available on the College’s Virtual Learning Environment
- Exceptional results and progression rates
- Opportunities to work with our Technical Support Team and gain valuable experience
- Supportive and friendly staff
- Exciting College Progression Routes, many in partnership with popular universities
- Expert advice and guidance about careers and higher education, including Finance
- Enrichment opportunities including a visit to Disneyland Paris, university visits and interesting speakers
- The opportunity to take additional relevant qualifications
Courses in this Area
Level 4+ - Higher
Level 3 - Advanced
- Computer Science A Level
- IT Practitioners (Software/Game Development) BTEC Level 3
- IT Practitioners (Technical Support/Game Development) BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- IT Practitioners BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
Level 2 - Intermediate
- Becoming an IT Technician OCR Cambridge Technicals Level 2
- Gaming & Creative Development OCR Cambridge Technicals Level 2
- IT Used in the Business Environment OCR Cambridge Technicals Level 2
Level 1 - Introductory
Level 4+ - Higher
I chose to study at Halesowen College because of the great atmosphere. Everyone is positive and all the lecturers care about each and every student. The thing I like about my course the most is the wide variety of things that we do, I have learned so much including valuable skills that will help me to gain employment, and a wide range of programming skills. After completing I hope to study computer games science at university.
IT Practitioner (Software & Games Development) Level 3
Halesowen College appealed to me a lot because it is so open planned. The addition of the free college coach travel also made it much easier for me. This, together with the course I picked, made the college stand out.
I like my IT course at the college because it offers a wide array of units. When I was looking for my course I wanted something that wouldn't tie me down to one particular part of technology. In the future I hope to do something based in IT, either an apprenticeship or a university degree.
IT Practitioner Level 3