Gaming & Creative Development OCR Cambridge Technicals Level 2
About this course
This is a course for those who want to develop their creative flair in IT.
This course will offer you the chance to build those skills that will enable you to design gaming graphics, build websites and learning new software to enhance your graphical creative abilities.
If you enjoy this aspect of IT, then this will be the course for you.
What will I learn?
- Communicating in the IT Industry
- Working in the IT Industry
- Website Development
- Computer Graphics
- Computer Systems
- Developing Computer Games
A combination of these subjects will teach you how to enhance your skills for the graphics and gaming industry.
How will I be assessed?
As a vocational course, your work will be assessed through coursework you are given throughout the year. This could be a combination of practical work, presentations and report writing.
What do I need?
- 3 GCSEs with 1 subject at grade D and English and Maths at grade 2 (grade E)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - a range of Level 3 vocational courses, such as IT, Business or Media
- Careers - a variety of junior/trainee employment opportunities in the creative IT industry, such as website development
You will need a genuine interest in creative IT, in both theory and practical elements.