Please note, this course information is for September 2021 entry.
The new admissions cycle for September 2022 entry will open in October 2021, and we recommend you check back for updates to course information.
This BTEC Level 3 Construction and the Built Environment course aims to provide an understanding of the construction industry including health and safety, maths, science and materials, estimating and surveying.
You will study the following theory:
· The underpinning mathematics and science related to construction
· How to carry out site surveys to produce drawings and sections
· How to carry out surveys to assess the conditions of buildings
· How to calculate the cost of construction works and maintain the progress against the budget
There are 4 mandatory units, 2 of which are externally assessed and form 66% of the qualification overall. This course is equivalent in size to one A Level and is completed over 2 years.
You will need to have achieved at least 5 GCSEs at Grade 5 and above, including English and maths.
After completing this course there are a number of options available for you; depending on your final grade you could move onto a higher education course such as our HNC Construction & The Built Environment course.
Construction in a growth area and you could progress into one of the following careers:
· Building Surveying
· Estimating/ Quantity Surveying
· Health, Safety & Environment
· Site and Project Management
· BIM/CAD Management
THIS COURSE SHOULD BE COMBINED WITH A LEVELS.
This course combines well with Science, Business, Engineering, Law, Maths, English and IT.
Find your perfect course and secure your place