Foundation Studies Entry Level 3
About this course
This course would be suitable if you are working at Entry Level 2 or 3 and need a supported course to improve your transition from school.
You might be in need of some confidence building before progressing, or may not have taken exams for a variety of reasons, e.g. health/personal circumstances.
This course will allow you to take either a certificate, or diploma qualification, depending on your individual needs.
On successful completion of the course you will have the opportunity to progress to a higher level course within the vocational areas at College.
What will I learn?
A variety of units including:
- Business â You can take part in a mini business project
- ICT â Learn to use different computer software
- Horticulture â Hands on experience of planning, planting and maintaining displays and containers
- Health & Social Care â Explore how to improve your emotional, social and physical wellbeing
- Improving Own Fitness â Discover how different types of exercise and fitness classes can improve health
- Catering â An introduction to cooking with a qualified chef in the catering kitchens
- Teamwork â Develop the skills needed for working with others and improving problem solving
- Work Skills â Helping to prepare you for the workplace, including interview techniques, how to behave professionally within the working environment and on work placements
You will also continue to develop your Literacy and Numeracy skills
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is through coursework.
What do I need?
- A satisfactory interview
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Foundation Studies Entry 3 Diploma (if certificate taken), or Level 1 vocational courses in a variety of subjects
- Jobs - a junior position or further training
You will take part in a work experience placement.