Foundation Studies Entry Level 3
About this course
This course would be suitable if you are working at Entry Level 2 or 3 and finding the transition to a Level 1 course difficult.
You could be in need of some confidence building before progressing or may not have taken exams for a variety of reasons e.g. health/personal circumstance etc.
During the course you will complete assignments on units which can enable you to progress to a higher level course within the vocational areas at College.
What will I learn?
- ICT - using software applications including Word, Publisher, Email and PowerPoint - giving you the ability to be creative and identify suitable software for different purposes
- Travel & Tourism - trips to local places of interest for different types of visitors and researching holiday destinations
- Business - an introduction to the safe use of office equipment and how to communicate within a business through letter writing, telephone skills and email
- Health & Social Care - exploring health needs and how different factors can affect your own health. Practical experience of preparing suitable snacks for different groups of people
- Improving Own Fitness - an introduction to how different types of exercise and fitness classes can improve health and, through practical activities, understand what each entails
- Catering - a practical introduction to cooking with a qualified chef in the Catering kitchens. Learn new cooking techniques, health & safety and assess the dishes prepared
- Work Preparation - preparing you for the workplace, including interview techniques, how to behave professionally within the working environment and the importance of career progression
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is through coursework.
What do I need?
- Satisfactory interview
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Level 1 vocational courses in a variety of subjects
- Careers - employment at a junior level or further training
You will take part in a work experience placement.