Barbering Level 2
About this course
Nothing stands still, and this is certainly true in the world of professional barbering.
New barbers require a course that will reflect industry expectations and best practice with a strong focus on client care and professional attitudes.
This qualification will provide you with a course that reflects this exciting and dynamic industry to prepare you to meet the standards required by industry, future employers and clients.
To further enhance your employability skills there will be opportunities for you to complete a one week work placement.
This compulsory aspect of the course gives you the chance to apply the knowledge gained in class to the real world of work.
What will I learn?
- Ensure Responsibility for Actions to Reduce Risks to Health & Safety - this unit will help you learn to risk assess and manage a practical session
- Promote Additional Services or Products to Clients â this unit will ensure you develop a positive relationship with your client, deliver outstanding service and retail product selection
- Cut Men’s Hair Using Basic Techniques âthis unit covers how to cut men’s hair using the basic techniques
- Hair Tonics - this unit will ensure you understand the basic of hair tonics and their benefit in the industry
- Clipper Maintenance - this unit will ensure you understand the basic of maintaining your clippers to keep them at their best
- Cut Facial Hair to Shape - Basic Techniques - this unit covers the different types of facial hair styles that are currently on trend. This is not done with an open blade
- Shampoo and Condition the Hair - this unit covers how to carry out the correct shampoo and conditioning method, which enable your client to be relaxed
We also embed additional units to enable you to be fully qualified e.g. Reception duties.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be carried out by a variety of methods including two theory examinations, one final practical examination and graded summative assessments.
What do I need?
You will need to achieve at least 4 GCSEs at Grade D/3 or above with a Grade 3 in English and Maths.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - a Level 3 vocational qualification or Level 2 Hairdressing
- Careers - junior position in barbering
You will have the opportunity to deliver treatments in the College Training Salons and participate in a number of enrichment activities including visits to industry shows and competitions such as British Barbers Association.
Work Experience is mandatory and will involve hours working in the Hair & Beauty industry in preparation for employment.