Beauty Therapy Level 2
About this course
Nothing stands still, and this is certainly true in the world of professional beauty.
New therapists require a course that will reflect industry expectations and best practice with a strong focus on client care and professional attitudes.
This qualification will provide you with a course that reflects this exciting and dynamic industry to prepare you to meet the standards required by industry, future employers and clients.
To further enhance your employability skills there will be opportunities for you to complete a one week work placement.
This compulsory aspect of the course gives you the chance to apply the knowledge gained in class to the real world of work.
What will I learn?
- Ensure Responsibility for Actions to Reduce Risks to Health & Safety - this unit will help you learn to risk assess and manage a practical session
- Promote Additional Services or Products to Clients - this unit will ensure you develop a positive relationship with your client, deliver outstanding treatments and retail product selection
- Develop & Maintain Effectiveness at Work - continuous professional development will be developed during industry week. This will consist of workshops-Sienna tanning/IBD gel nails/Orly manicure and more
- Provide Facial Skin Care Treatment - this unit covers how to provide one hour facial treatments
- Enhance the Appearance of Eyebrows and Eyelashes - this unit covers eyelash enhancements
- Carry out Waxing Services - this unit covers the different wax depilation products and hair removal techniques
- Provide Manicure Services and Pedicure Services - this unit covers how to perform and provide manicure and pedicure treatments to the hands and feet
We also embed additional units to enable you to be fully qualified - Reception and Make-up.
You will study Anatomy & Physiology as part of the course to ensure you have the underpinning knowledge for Level 2 treatments.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be carried out by a variety of methods including two theory examinations, one final practical examination and graded summative assessments.
What do I need?
You will need to achieve at least 4 GCSEs at Grade D/3 or above with a Grade 3 in English and Maths.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - a Level 3 vocational qualification in Beauty Therapy, Complementary Therapies, Theatrical Hair & Media Make Up or Nail Technologies
You will have the opportunity to deliver treatments in the College Training Salons and participate in a number of enrichment activities, including visits to industry shows and competitions, such as World Skills..