Beauty Therapy Level 2 Diploma
About this course
This qualification will provide you with the requisite knowledge, understanding and skills to work competently as a beauty therapist.
What will I learn?
- Ensure Responsibility for Actions to Reduce Risks to Health & Safety
- Promote Additional Services or Products to Clients
- Develop & Maintain Effectiveness at Work
- Provide Facial Skin Care Treatment
- Enhance the Appearance of Eyebrows & Eyelashes
- Carry out Waxing Services
- Provide Manicure Services
- Provide Pedicure Services
- Make Up
- Nail Art
We also embed additional units - Threading, Make Up and Nail Art. You will study Anatomy & Physiology - as part of the course.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is by a variety of methods including practical observations, oral presentations, written question papers and an evidence portfolio.
What do I need?
- 3 GCSEs with 1 subject at grade D and English and Maths at grade 2 (grade E)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - a Level 3 vocational qualification in Beauty Therapy, Complementary Therapies, Theatrical Hair & Media Make Up or Nail Services
- Careers - junior position in the beauty industry
You will have the opportunity to deliver treatments in the College Training Salons and participate in a number of enrichment activities including visits to industry shows and competitions.