Beauty Therapy Level 3 Diploma
About this course
Cruise to success on a Level 3 Course in Beauty Therapy.
The treatments and specific skills you will learn in your Level 3 qualification build on the knowledge and techniques which you have learnt throughout your Level 2 Beauty Therapy course. This qualification will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work competently as an advanced beauty therapist within the industry.
During the course you will work towards competency in specific treatments by completing practical assessments in realistic salon workshops. The course also features theoretical elements such as Health & Safety and Anatomy & Physiology.
What will I learn?
- Monitor Procedures to Safely Control Work Operations
- Contribute to the Planning and Implementation of
- Promotional Activities
- Body Electrical Treatments
- Facial Electrical Treatments
- Body Massage Treatments
- Self-Tanning Services
- Stone Therapy Treatments
- Electrical Epilation Treatments
- Level 2 Certificate in Nail Technology
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed in your practical units by your assessor and all of your work must be collected in a portfolio of evidence and cross-referenced to the requirements in your assessment book.
There are two exams for Anatomy & Physiology and each unit has a theory test.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Business HNC with Salon Management or choose from a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- Careers - cruise liners, spa hotels, in-flight spa, health farms. The beauty industry is growing rapidly and there are more opportunities open to the therapist than ever before. The types of business vary from small salons to multinational companies offering their services at home and abroad.
You will have the opportunity to complete a range of extra enrichment activities including gel polish and bamboo massage.