Hair, Make-Up & Beauty Techniques Level 2 Diploma
About this course
During this course you will cover the practical and theory related to the basic beauty aspects of manicure, nail art, skincare and eyebrow shaping, together with the application of day, evening and special occasion make up. Also included will be photographic make up, which will include period make up looks, bridal make up and fantasy and face painting.
Hairdressing techniques will include shampooing, blow-drying, plaiting and twisting.
In addition you will learn how to practice health & safety, client care and communication, together with skills in promoting and selling products to clients.
By the end of the course you will be able to create an overall look using the skills you have learned.
What will I learn?
- Creating an Image Based on a Theme
- Basic Manicure
- Basic Nail Art Techniques
- Basic Skincare
- Basic Eyebrow Shaping
- Basic Photographic Make-Up
- Basic Face Painting
- Shampoo & Treat Hair
- Blow Dry & Finish Hair
- Basic Plaiting & Twisting
- Health & Safety Practices
- Promote & Sell Products to Clients
- Client & Customer Care Skills
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is by a variety of methods including practical observations of the various techniques, written assignments and tests, research and an evidence portfolio.
What do I need?
- 3 GCSEs with 1 subject at grade D and English and Maths at grade 2 (grade E)
- Art at grade D
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- College - a qualification in Beauty or Hairdressing or Level 3 Theatrical, Special Effects & Media Make-Up.
- Careers - a variety of positions including counter or salon work
You will have the opportunity to undertake work experience and participate in a number of enrichment activities.