Hairdressing Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma
About this course
This Hairdressing course will provide you with a range of specialist practical skills and technical knowledge, which will prepare you when looking for employment or further training within the industry.
This qualification covers a very wide range of skills and knowledge required for working in the Hairdressing industry.
What will I learn?
- Hairdressing Consultation Services
- Cut Hair Using A Combination of Techniques
- Creatively Style & Dress Hair
- Hair Colour Correction Services
- Creative Hair Design Skills
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by an externally marked test and external moderated synoptic assignment.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
- Level 2 Hairdressing may be accepted
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- College - Business with Salon Management HNC or choose from a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degree and advanced professional qualification
- University - Degree courses and other high level qualifications
- Careers - Salons at home and abroad, including on cruise ships and in hotels
You will require a work placement within the Hairdressing industry for 1-2 days a week in order to gain work experience and develop your employability skills.
It is also compulsory that you participate in attending trade exhibitions and educational visits, where you can access guest speakers and other professionals.
This will enable you to network for information and new trends.