Hairdressing NVQ Level 2 Diploma
About this course
This NVQ Diploma is designed for learners who either work in or wish to pursue a career in Hairdressing.
It provides the necessary skills and knowledge to help prove your occupational competence as a junior stylist.
Throughout the course you will learn, develop and practice the skills required to provide Hairdressing services for all hair types, covering areas such as cutting, drying, styling, colouring and lightening, relaxing and perming as well as shampooing and consulting with clients.
What will I learn?
- Style and Finish Hair
- Set and Dress Hair
- Cut Hair using Basic Techniques
- Colour and Lighten Hair
- Advise and Consult with Clients
- Shampoo, Condition and Treat the Hair and Scalp
- Develop and Maintain your Effectiveness at Work
- Relax Hair
- Perm and Neutralise Hair
- Plait and Twist Hair
- Fulfill Salon Reception Duties
How will I be assessed?
All work will be collected and referenced in a portfolio; assessment evidence will be through practical observations, assignment work and online exams.
What do I need?
- 3 GCSEs with 1 subject at grade D and English and Maths at grade 2 (grade E)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- College - Level 3 Vocational courses such as the NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing or Barbering
- Careers - junior position in a salon, theatre, stage or TV, cruise ships
You will be expected to undertake work experience and throughout the course enrichment activities and trips will be offered.