Musical Theatre BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
About this course
If you can act, sing and dance this course should suit you perfectly. Musical Theatre is a demanding and popular discipline in the Performing Arts industry and this course aims to train you to improve your skills and develop your ability to combine the three fundamental disciplines of acting, singing and dancing.
You will experience a range of musical repertoire and learn about characterisation through group and solo performance work. The course will help to improve your technique and understanding of style, while integrating your talents in singing, dancing and acting through performance and coursework.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
- You will need to attend a performance audition
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Music HND or a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- University - performing arts-related degree or musical theatre/drama/performing arts school
- Careers - professional performer or director, producer, teacher
This course should be combined with A Levels.