Outdoor Adventure BTEC Level 3
About this course
Are you interested in a career in the outdoor, adventure or leisure industries?
This course is designed to introduce you to the necessary practical skills and knowledge that are required for a successful career in outdoor education.
What will I learn?
Key features of the course include:
- A wide range of practical and theory-based units, including Outdoor and Adventurous Expeditions, Skills for Land and Water Based Activities, Sports Coaching, Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise and many more
- Industry-relevant training including a First Aid qualification
- A variety of single and multi-day expeditions throughout the course
How will I be assessed?
- No exams
- Theory based but includes regular practical assessment opportunities involving teamwork, leadership, peer assessment, outdoor activities and many more
- This is combined with a mixture of presentations, reports, group discussions, timed assessments and other written and in-class assessment
- Experienced staff with knowledge of Outdoor Education will guide you through practical and theory based units to achieve your goals
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Public Services HND or a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- University Progression - to relevant degree courses
- Careers - in outdoor education and leisure
- FREE residential trips as part of the assessment process with activities typically including camping, walking expeditions, rock climbing, canoeing and kayaking
- Use of facilities such as fitness suite, sports hall, all weather pitch, outdoor gym, on-site obstacle course
- Regular practical assessment