Public Services BTEC Level 1
About this course
Interested in the Army, Police, Royal Navy, Fire Service or Royal Air Force?
This one-year course is designed to introduce you to some of the skills and knowledge required for your chosen public service career.
It is also provides a platform to develop life skills and knowledge which can be applied to other career paths.
What will I learn?
Key features of the course include:
- Wearing Public Service uniform each day in College
- Taking part in formal parades, undertaking drill training and gaining a First Aid qualification
- You will also take part in obstacle course training and assessed expeditions, including overnight camping, as part of the course
- A wide range of topics including Fitness Training, Event Planning and Leadership
How will I be assessed?
The course is based upon the successful submission of coursework, which can be through a variety of assessment methods such as observations, role plays and presentations.
What do I need?
- Maths and English assessment plus satisfactory interview
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - a Level 2 vocational course, including Public Services
- Careers - training for a role in the uniformed public services
- FREE residential trips as part of the assessment process
- Use of College facilities such as fitness suite, sports hall, all-weather pitch, outdoor gym, on-site obstacle course
- Visits from members of uniformed services, including the armed forces
- Regular practical assessment