Public Services BTEC Level 2 Diploma
About this course
Interested in a career in the public services?
This one-year course is designed to equip you with the skills that are required for your chosen public service.
It is also provides a platform to develop life skills and knowledge which can be applied to other career paths.
What will I learn?
Key features of the course include:
- Wearing Public Service uniform each day in College
- Taking part in formal parades, undertaking drill training and gaining a first aid qualification
- You will also take part in obstacle course training and assessed expeditions, including overnight camping, as part of the course
- A wide range of units including fitness, outdoor and planning your own career path
How will I be assessed?
The course is based upon the successful submission of coursework, which can be through a variety of assessment methods such as observations, essays, discussions and presentations.
There is also an externally assessed unit which may involve an exam.
What do I need?
- 3 GCSEs with 1 subject at grade D and English and Maths at grade 2 (grade E)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Level 3 vocational courses, including Uniformed Public Services or Outdoor Adventure
- Careers - in the armed forces, police and other public services
- FREE residential trips as part of the assessment process with activities typically including camping, walking expeditions, rock climbing, canoeing and kayaking
- Use of facilities such as Fitness Suite, Sports Hall, all weather pitch, outdoor gym, on-site obstacle course
- Visits from members of uniformed services, including the Armed Forces
- Regular practical assessment