Public Services Level 2
About this course
Are you interested in a career in the Army, Police, Royal Navy, Prison Service, Fire Service, Border Force or Royal Air Force?
This one-year course is designed to equip you with the skills that are required for your chosen public service.
It also provides a platform to develop life skills and knowledge which can be applied to other career paths.
What will I learn?
Key features of the course include:
- Wearing Public Service themed uniform each day in College
- Taking part in formal parades, undertaking drill training and gaining a first aid qualification
- Obstacle course training and assessed expeditions, including overnight camping, as part of the course
- A wide range of topics including fitness, outdoor and planning your own career path
- Work experience opportunities throughout the course
How will I be assessed?
The course is based upon the successful submission of coursework, which can be through a variety of assessment methods such as observations, essays, discussions and presentations.
There are also two externally assessed units which involve an exam.
What do I need?
You will need to achieve at least 4 GCSEs at Grade D/3 or above with Grade 3 in English and Maths.
Where can it take me?
- College - Level 3 vocational course, including Uniformed Public Services, Sport or Outdoor Adventure
- FREE residential trips as part of the assessment process with activities typically including camping, walking expeditions, rock climbing, canoeing and kayaking
- Use of College facilities such as the fitness suite, sports hall, all-weather pitch, outdoor gym and on-site obstacle course
- Visits from members of the uniformed and non-uniformed public services, including the Armed Forces, Civil Service and the Police Service
- Regular practical assessment