Public Services: Protective Services - Uniformed - Military BTEC Level 3
About this course
Are you interested in a career in the British Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or Royal Marines?
This two-year course is designed to introduce you to the necessary practical skills and knowledge that is required for a successful career in a uniformed public service.
This course provides a solid platform of valuable life skills and knowledge which can be applied to many career paths.
What will I learn?
Key features of the course include:
- A wide range of units including Leadership and Teamwork, Discipline, Fitness Testing and Training, Communication and Technology, and the Impact of War, Conflict and Terrorism
- Wearing Public Service uniform each day in College
- Participating in formal parades, undertaking drill training and gaining a first aid qualification
- Obstacle course training and assessed expeditions, including overnight camping, as part of the course
- Work experience opportunities throughout the course
How will I be assessed?
- No exams
- Theory-based but includes regular practical assessment opportunities involving teamwork, leadership, peer assessment, outdoor activities and many more
- This is combined with a mixture of presentations, reports, group discussions, timed assessments and other written and in-class assessment
Experienced staff with knowledge of the Uniformed Services will guide you through practical and theory based units to achieve your goals.
What do I need?
You will need to achieve at least 5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above including English.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Public Services HND or a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- University - related degree such as Public Services and Uniformed & Public Services
- FREE residential trips as part of the assessment process with activities typically including camping, walking expeditions, rock climbing, canoeing and kayaking
- Use of facilities such as fitness suite, sports hall, all weather pitch, outdoor gym, on-site obstacle course
- Visits from members of uniformed services, including the Armed Forces
- Regular practical assessment