Engineering BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
About this course
This course will provide you with knowledge and experience in a variety of engineering areas including electrical engineering and materials engineering together with their applications.
What will I learn?
During the course you will consider the implications of health & safety in the engineering workplace. The course covers the most common mathematical tools applied to engineering. In addition the course looks at the underlying scientific principles and how they are applied to engineering. The course units include:
- Health & Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Mathematics for Engineers
- Electrical & Electric Principles
- Properties and Applications of Engineering Materials
- Mechanical Principles and Applications
- Scientific Investigation
- Metallurgical Techniques
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed by a series of assignments.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
- Science and Additional Science at grade C and Maths at grade 5 (grade B)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Engineering HNC/D
- University - engineering and related programmes
- Careers - engineer, engineering apprentice, engineering technician, armed forces
This course should be combined with A Levels.