Football Development Programme OCR Level 3 Diploma
About this course
This exciting course is a one or two year programme that combines a passion and ability in football.
You will have the opportunity to continue your education, together with your football and coaching development, under the guidance of FA qualified coaches, experienced teachers and former professional and non-league football players.
The programme will give you the opportunity to study a broad range of sport-related units in addition to completing a football development programme. This will enable you to be educated and to train as young apprentice/scholarship footballers would.
What will I learn?
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Physiology of Fitness
- Analysis of Sports Performance
- Sports Injuries
- Current Issues in Sport
- Sports Psychology
- Practical Individual Sport
- Sports Coaching
- Fitness Testing
- Fitness Training and Programming
- Sports Leadership
- Technical and Tactical Skills in Sport
- Organising Events
- Nutrition for Sports Performance
- Practical Team Sports
- Instructing Physical Activity
- Organising Events
- Athlete’s Lifestyle
- Exercise for Specific Groups
How will I be assessed?
This course is assessed through practical sessions and coursework.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
- Science at grade C
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- College - Sport Studies HND or choose from a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- University - degrees including Sports Studies, Physical Education, Sports Therapy or Teacher Training
- Careers - employment as an apprentice/scholarship footballer or in coaching
All students will need to buy the College sports kit and there are various trips and visits linked to course units.
There may be opportunities for you to experience playing football abroad through our excellent links with teams and university colleges in the USA.