Sport Level 3
About this course
This course will enhance your knowledge and increase your understanding of the factors that affect performance and participation in Sport.
It will give you the skills and knowledge required for higher education or the world of work.
This practical course offers you the opportunity to study Sport alongside A Level subjects and is designed to cover a wide range of sport related units, linked to a range of sporting areas.
You will get to experience practical sport, sports coaching, sports development, sports psychology and all aspects of sport that are used at both grass roots and elite level.
What will I learn?
- Body systems and the effects of physical activity (exam)
- Sports coaching and activity leadership
- Sports organisation and development (exam)
- Practical skills in sport and physical activities
- Sport and exercise psychology
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be based on coursework, unless indicated otherwise.
What do I need?
You will need to achieve at least 5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above, including English Language and Science.
Alternatively a BTEC in Science will be considered at Distinction or Merit Level.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications, including Sports Studies HND
- University - related degree courses such as Sport, Teaching, Exercise, Health & Fitness, Applied Sport Science and Business Management & Sport
You will be required to take part in fitness testing events and will also be expected to coach different ability groups as well as your peers.
This course should be combined with A Levels. Good combinations include Biology and Psychology.