Sport BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
About this course
This course will enhance your knowledge and increase your understanding of the factors that affect performance and participation in PE. It will give you the skills and knowledge required for higher education or the world of work. This practical course offers you the opportunity to study Sport alongside A Level subjects. The course is designed to cover a wide variety of sport related units, linked to a range of sporting areas. You will get to experience Sports Coaching, Fitness Testing, Sports Psychology and all aspects of Sport that are used at both grass roots and elite level.
What will I learn?
During the course you will study the following units: Year 1
- Assessing Risk in Sport
- Anatomy for Sport and Exercise
- Physiology of Fitness
- Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
- Sports Coaching
- The Athlete's Lifestyle
- Sports Psychology
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be based on coursework.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, across a range of subjects including English Language and Science
You will need to retake GCSE Maths as part of your programme if you do not have a grade C.
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Sports Studies HND or choose from a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- University - related degree courses
- Careers - sports coaching
You will be required to take part in fitness testing events and will also be expected to coach different ability groups as well as your peers.
This course should be combined with A Levels.