Travel & Tourism Runway to Success Level 1
About this course
This qualification has been designed to help you understand the skills and knowledge needed to work in the Travel & Tourism sector.
It will help you to develop practical skills in preparation for employment or progression in education.
The course includes practical lessons involving a mock airline cabin, making role play situations more realistic.
What will I learn?
- Customer Service in Travel & Tourism
- Displaying Travel & Tourism Products and Services
- UK Travel Destinations
- Recommending a Package Holiday
- The Role of Air Cabin Crew
- The Role of the Overseas Resort Representative
- Planning and Participating within an Event
- Planning for a Job in Travel & Tourism
- Working in a Team
- Building Working Relationships with Customers
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be by coursework.
What do I need?
- Literacy and numeracy test plus satisfactory interview
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Level 2 Diploma in Travel & Tourism
- Careers - Travel agency, cabin crew, overseas holiday representatives
As part of the course you will participate in a range of curriculum based visits and there will be some cost for these activities.
You will need a black suit with white shirt and a College scarf (female) or tie (male).
You will be required to undertake one week’s work experience.