Sport & Active Leisure Level 1
About this course
This introductory course in Sport & Active Leisure is designed to suit your needs and interests if you are an active sports enthusiast.
It is a highly practical and enjoyable course that consists of 10 units across the duration of the course.
What will I learn?
- Safe Learning in the Work Place
- Taking Part in Sport
- Assisting at a Sport or Active Leisure Event
- Taking Part in Exercise and Fitness
- How the Body Works
- Planning Own Fitness Programme
- Assisting a Leader or Active Leisure Activities to Plan and Deliver an Activity
- Working in Sport and Active Leisure
- Working in a Team
- Job Opportunities in Sport and Active Leisure
- Physical Activities for Children
To further enhance your employability skills there will be opportunities for you to complete a one week work placement. This compulsory aspect of the course gives you the chance to apply the knowledge gained in class to the real world of work.
How will I be assessed?
Assessments will be in the form of assignment tasks, homework and practical observations.
What do I need?
Literacy and numeracy test plus satisfactory interview.
Where can it take me?
- College - a Level 2 vocational course, particularly in Sport
Purchasing a College kit is essential for practical lessons.