Travel & Tourism
Why study Travel & Tourism at Halesowen College?
- A new Travel & Tourism suite, modelled around airport departures and featuring a purpose built mock aircraft cabin - âHalesowen Airâ
- Qualified staff with professional travel & tourism backgrounds
- Excellent pass rates and levels of student progression
- Strong links with a range of leading travel organisations e.g. Thomas Cook Retail, Monarch Airlines, Village Hotel, Hyatt Hotel, Malmaison Hotels and various tourist attractions
- Enrichment activities including trips abroad and the chance to experience various employment options within the cruise industry
- Visits to top tourist spots throughout the UK
- Participation in practical activities organised through tour and travel operators
- Opportunities to get first-hand experience of working in the Collegeâs Training Restaurant
- Exciting College Progression Routes, many in partnership with popular universities
- Expert advice and guidance about careers and higher education, including Finance
- The opportunity to take additional relevant qualifications
Courses in this Area
Level 3 - Advanced
- Travel & Tourism BTEC Level 3
- Travel & Tourism BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
- Travel & Tourism with Cabin Crew BTEC Level 3
- Travel & Tourism with Hospitality BTEC Level 3
Level 2 - Intermediate
Level 1 - Introductory
Zach began with a Level 2 in Travel and Tourism and progressed to the Level 3 Diploma. When he finished he was selected by Thomas Cook to be a member of their cabin crew.
"My course helped me in more ways than I could have imagined. It got me a fantastic job and opened so many doors for me. I wouldn't be where I am today without the amazing staff at Halesowen College."
Having completed my BTEC Level Three Diploma in Travel & Tourism I was very lucky to get a job with Eurocamp as a holiday courier.
During my time at Halesowen College all of the lecturers went above and beyond to make sure I was gaining the most experience. I was head Travel Representative within the Travel and Tourism Department and I was nominated for a Dudley Youth Award for Contribution to College Life.