Travel & Tourism
Why study Travel & Tourism at Halesowen College?
- A new Travel & Tourism suite, modelled around airport departures and featuring a purpose built mock aircraft cabin - âHalesowen Airâ
- Qualified staff with professional travel & tourism backgrounds
- Excellent pass rates and levels of student progression
- Strong links with a range of leading travel organisations e.g. Thomas Cook Retail, Monarch Airlines, Village Hotel, Hyatt Hotel, Malmaison Hotels and various tourist attractions
- Enrichment activities including trips abroad and the chance to experience various employment options within the cruise industry
- Visits to top tourist spots throughout the UK
- Participation in practical activities organised through tour and travel operators
- Opportunities to get first-hand experience of working in the Collegeâs Training Restaurant
- Exciting College Progression Routes, many in partnership with popular universities
- Expert advice and guidance about careers and higher education, including Finance
- The opportunity to take additional relevant qualifications
Courses in this Area
Level 3 - Advanced
- Travel & Tourism BTEC Level 3
- Travel & Tourism BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
- Travel & Tourism with Cabin Crew BTEC Level 3
- Travel & Tourism with Hospitality BTEC Level 3
Level 2 - Intermediate
Level 1 - Introductory
Following the completion of Level 3 Diplomas in Travel and Tourism plus Hospitality, Elisha was awarded a triple distinction. She now puts theory into practice working for Thomas Cook as a travel advisor in their bustling Bullring store in Birmingham.
"I enjoyed my two year course and wouldn't be where I am now without the staff who helped me along the way. They helped and encouraged me to achieve the highest grades and expanded my knowledge and enthusiasm for the industry."
Having completed my BTEC Level Three Diploma in Travel & Tourism I was very lucky to get a job with Eurocamp as a holiday courier.
During my time at Halesowen College all of the lecturers went above and beyond to make sure I was gaining the most experience. I was head Travel Representative within the Travel and Tourism Department and I was nominated for a Dudley Youth Award for Contribution to College Life.