Travel & Tourism
Why study Travel & Tourism at Halesowen College?
- A new Travel & Tourism suite, modelled around airport departures and featuring a purpose built mock aircraft cabin, Halesowen Air
- Qualified staff with professional travel & tourism backgrounds
- Excellent pass rates and levels of student progression
- Strong links with a range of leading travel organisations e.g. Thomas Cook Retail, Monarch Airlines, Village Hotel, Hyatt Hotel, Malmaison Hotels and various tourist attractions
- Enrichment activities including trips abroad and the chance to experience various employment options within the cruise industry
- Visits to top tourist spots throughout the UK
- Participation in practical activities organised through tour and travel operators
- Opportunities to get first-hand experience of working in the College Training Restaurant
- Exciting College Progression Routes, many in partnership with popular universities
- Expert advice and guidance about careers and higher education, including Finance
- The opportunity to take additional relevant qualifications
Courses in this Area
Emily gained triple distinctions in Travel & Tourism and Hospitality Level 3, securing her place at Bournemouth University studying Events Management, where she was awarded a scholarship for her high grades.
During her time at college, Emily developed her skills with a summer job at Birmingham Airport, dealing with customers on a daily basis.
“Completing this course has been so beneficial to me. It has provided me with the basis for a life time of potential career opportunities.”
Following the completion of Level 3 Diplomas in Travel and Tourism plus Hospitality, Elisha was awarded a triple distinction. She now puts theory into practice working for Thomas Cook as a travel advisor in their bustling Bullring store in Birmingham.
"I enjoyed my two year course and wouldn't be where I am now without the staff who helped me along the way. They helped and encouraged me to achieve the highest grades and expanded my knowledge and enthusiasm for the industry."